Thursday, February 2, 2017

I failed when I went to an English school

Throughout my experience, I tried many different things to learn English and I certainly can tell you what works and what doesn't, I'll be direct and clear about this topic, so please, I beg you don't do the following time wasters.
When I was in high school, I was required to take two hundred hours of studying English in order to graduate, I went to an English institute for this time and guess what, I hated it, and I hated English for the following reasons:
  • English became a serious school subject which caused me stressed.
  • Materials were boring, I never felt any interest to learn (always the same old things, the verb to be, adjectives, verbs, boring games, tests, worksheets, etc).
  • The passive voice and the present perfect tense drove me crazy.
  • Testing my progress made me feel super stressed.
  • Peer activities were useless since my peers didn't know any English either.
  • I had to spend a lot of time memorizing words that I forgot right after I got my 200 hours of studying English certificate.
  • The institute was super expensive compared to the prices of effective learning (My daily life).
Even though teachers were nice, I've always consider myself a shy person and this caused me lots of social anxiety every time I had to speak English during class, which is bad for your English learning.

If you really want to learn English, don't go to any school, commit to it, and start learning on your own, I promise it works. I did it independently and I got to the point where I was confused with native speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment