Thursday, August 28, 2014

English and my first trip to the US (New York City)

It's been a long time since the last time I wrote on English to your mind and I apologize for that, but I've been kind of busy trying to do other stuff that didn't work out very well xD.

I thought of today's article as an experience, I'll tell you how my time was on my first trip to the Uinted States and how I felt about the English I learned at home, doing what I've told you to do, just listening to English a lot.

The first city I went to in the US was New York, the city that never sleeps, the big apple, the capital of the world, yes, the famous New York city known by the skyscrapers, the opportunities, the lights … the big city.

As we approach at John F. Kennedy airport, I just can think of what my cousin from florida told me that I could watch the skyscrapers through the airplane window, big lie -.- ... all I could see when landing was little buildings on the horizon, nothing really interesting so far.

When we got off the plane, this guy from the airport helped us carry our baggage to my dad's friend's car who was suppose to pick us up at the airport, the guy started talking friendly to us. “Can I ask you guys where you're coming from? ” - “Sure man, we're colombian” I reply, as we keep walking through the terminal while having a little conversation about the world cup. Fortunately, the guy liked the colombian national soccer team and was actually supporting it and this was a really nice and little conversation in English.


We went to New Jersey and stayed there for the nights, but each day we woke up, got a bus and went to Manhattan, trying to maximize our time and get to know as much as possible the city.

Having the opportunity to speak English in the stores, the restaurants, the people in the street and the mean cops was great, but it was even better to know that I was being understood and I was just talking naturally, speaking fluently and enjoying the trip.

What I liked from New York

I actually loved New York City. Central Park, Times Square, Staten Island, Brooklyn, seeing the brooklyn bridge, which was actually the place where Guen Stacy dies on the amazing spiderman original comic, was something that hit me really hard ... nahhh just kidding, but it was really awesome getting to know these and many other places.



Times Square was definitely one of my favorites spots in New York, the description of this place that I can give is that, this is where people from all over the world walk together, you can actually hear many different languages on the street, the lights make you feel lost sometimes and the beautiful girls from all over the world walk around the place all the time.




What I disliked from New York

I didn't like the subway in New York, also in this trip I only can complain about one thing, and it was the day when I got sick. I don't know what I ate in New Jersey, but it made me spend a whole day in the bathroom of the house that we were staying on. Trust me, there are things in life that gotta remain in the past, and I almost forgot ... Did I say I hated the subway in NYC?

The beginning of my summer vacation was really good, I loved New York and Thanks to AJ Hoge, the method I used at home to learn to speak English, my American friends and family and also my dad I didn't have any problems to communicate with anybody in this place, I hope you like this little story of my adventure in the US and thank you very much for reading it.



REMEMBER: LEARNING TO SPEAK ENGLISH OPENS A LOT OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES, TRAVELING IS ONE OF THEM AND ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO LISTEN TO ENGLISH AND LEARN NATURALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment