Friday, April 11, 2014

Support for School #2 (Simple Present)

Continuing with the former article series I proposed, today I am giving some support for school again and this time is relating to the simple present in English so here it is the support material:


SIMPLE PRESENT



FORMULA: Subject or Noun + Verb(Present form) + Complement

See some examples:



Subject or Noun Verb Complement
I
Play
Football with my friends
You
Walk
Every morning
He
leaveS
at 10pm
She
TeacheS
English on weekends
It
ShineS
The whole night
We
Study
Together to get a nice grade
They
Work
Very hard every day

Notice: When you talk for a third person (He, She, It) the verb must have an S.





HOW TO MAKE QUESTIONS: For making a question, what you need to do is to use the auxiliary verbs DO or DOES.

  • You use DO with the nouns: I, You, We, They. See some examples


Do you play football with your friends? - yes, I do/ no, I do not
Do they work very hard every day? - yes, they do/ no, they do not


  • You use Does with the nouns: He, She, It. See some examples


Does he leave at 10pm? - yes he does/ no he does not
Does she teach English on weekends? - yes she does/ no, she does not



I hope you find this information useful and it can make you improve your grades somehow, however, don't focus too much on learning English as a math formula just like I presented to you on today's article, focus on listening and learning like a child and you will seriously learn to speak English fluently, automatically and powerfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment